This is a fundamental course with practical exercises designed to provide you with some degree of hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through our Work-Labs. The course exposes you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
After completing the course, you will be equipped not only with fundamental Big Data knowledge, but will also be introduced to a working development environment containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by yourself. This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the organizational Big Data journey.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
• Big Data fundamentals
• Big Data technologies
• Big Data governance
• Available sources of Big Data
• Data Mining, its concepts and some of the tools used for Data Mining
• Hadoop, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind MapReduce, and how Hadoop can be used in real life scenarios
• MongoDB, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind document databases and how MongoDB can be used in real life scenarios
This course is aimed to:
Information Technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of Big Data. These include:
• Software Engineers
• Application Developers
• IT architects
• System administrators
There are no mandatory prerequisites for taking the Big Data Foundation course.
The course has the following characteristics:
• It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
• Participants will receive the following as part of this course:
o Participant handbook
• The length is 2 days.
• 4 additional hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
• Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
• A certificate of course completion is delivered.
• Participants need to bring laptops with a minimum of 4GB RAM.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
• Closed-book format
• Participants may bring paper-based dictionaries
• No electronic devices are permitted
• 40 multiple choice questions
• Passing Score of 65%
• The length is 60 minutes. 15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers
• Proctoring is via web
The course has the following topics:
1. Course Introduction
2. Big Data Fundamentals
3. Big Data Sources
4. Data Mining – Concepts and Tools
5. Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
6. Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
7. Practical Work – Labs
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are expert in different Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Analytics and other Information Technology disciplines and have extensive experience in:
• Management of different kinds of projects and teams in public and/or private organizations.
• The design and implementation of IT processes and services in public and/or private organizations.
• Teaching various ITSM, Risk Management and Information Security courses in the academic and professional fields.
The participant receives a high quality student handout.