This course is completely based on the international ISO 22301 standard and presents in a structured way the overall activities for planning, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a business continuity management system (BCMS).
By completing this course, the student will clearly understand the concepts related to business continuity and will be able to define the high-level activities that should be taken in order to create a business continuity plan that is appropriate for his/her organization.
- To establish, implement, maintain and improve a BCMS.
- To ensure compliance with the defined business continuity policy.
- To seek the certification/ registration of your BCMS by an accredited external certification body.
- To make a self-assessment and a self-declaration of compliance with ISO 22301.
This course is aimed to:
- Professionals who want to implement or are currently implementing a Business Continuity Management System within their organization.
- Professionals who want to improve business continuity.
- People requiring to learn and understand business continuity practices.
- People involved or playing a role in business continuity who require a deeper understanding of the international standard for Business Continuity Management Systems.
There are no mandatory prerequisites for taking this training course; however, it is recommended that the participant has knowledge of business continuity concepts.
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 3 days.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The course has the following topics:
- Introduction and Definitions
- Plan the Business Continuity Management System
- Implement and Operate the Business Continuity Management System
- Monitor and Review the Business Continuity Management System
- Maintain and Improve the Business Continuity Management System
- Review and Evaluation
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different business continuity and ITSM disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- The design and implementation of business continuity strategies and disaster recovery plans based on industry best practices in public and/or private organizations.
- The selection, implementation and configuration of tools which support the IT processes.
- Teaching various ITSM courses in the academic and professional fields.
- Audits of IT service management systems.
The participant receives a high quality student handout.