This course presents a detailed introduction to the CMMI® for development (CMMI®-DEV) reference model. . This model is a tool that helps organizations to improve their capability to develop and maintain quality products and services.
The student who completes this course will be able to describe the components of the CMMI®-DEV model and their relationships, discuss the process areas in the CMMI®-DEV model and find relevant information in the model.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe CMMI components and its relationships
- Understand process areas
- Identify specific and generic goals
- Identify specific and generic practices
- Evaluate capability and maturity levels
- Highlight important information in the model
This course is aimed to:
- Software developers
- Process implementers
- Members of software process evaluation teams
- People interested in learning CMMI®-DEV
There are no mandatory prerequisites for taking this training course.
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is structured in thematic units, followed by review exercises to enhance understanding.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 2 days.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The course has the following topics:
- Process Improvement Concepts and CMMI
- Reference Model
- CMMI for Development
- Level 2: Managed
- Level 3: Defined
- Level 4: Quantitative Managed
- Level 5: Optimized
- Usage of CMMI models
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different ITSM disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- The design and implementation of IT processes and services in public and/or private organizations.
- The selection, implementation and configuration of tools which support the IT processes.
- Teaching various ITSM courses in the academic and professional fields.