24 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The COBIT 5 Assessor course guides the participant through the stages required in order to carry out a process capability assessment, together with the roles, responsibilities, required competencies and the key steps, covering from the start of the assessment through to the reporting of the results of the assessment.
- Official accredited student material
- Based on a scenario
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from ISACA
- 20 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Develop the capability of evaluating the extent to which the organization complies with a framework for IT service governance and management, particularly COBIT 5.
- Learn how to carry out a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5.
- Learn how to apply the Process Assessment Model to carry out a process capability assessment.
- Be able to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process.
- Obtain the COBIT 5 Assessor certification.
Who is this course for?
- IT professionals who want professional level training and an appreciation of how to use COBIT 5 for different organizational scenarios.
- Business managers who wish to have a more practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT 5 to business specific problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios.
- Internal and external auditors who wish to add the process capability assessment to their audits scope.
- IT auditors who wish to add the process capability assessment to their audit scope.
- Consultants who wish to carry out independent process assessments on behalf of their customers.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 150 minutes
- Number of questions: 8, each divided in 10 lines of questions of different type
- Passing score: 50% (40 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 5 hours of personal study during the course are recommended. It is also recommended that the participant acquires the “COBIT 5 Assessor Guide", prior to the course start (available at http://www.isaca.org/COBIT/Pages/Assessor-Guide.aspx).
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
- 1.1 The Assessment program
- 1.2 Purpose
- 1.3 Key Elements
- 1.4 Critical Successful factors
2 Overview & Recap Foundation – The PAM
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- 2.3 The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- 2.4 The Measurement program
3 Roles & Responsibilities
- 3.1 The Assessment team
- 3.2 Independent Assessments
- 3.3 Key roles & responsibilities
- 3.4 Other Participants
- 3.5 Competency Requirements of Assessors
4 Initiation of the Assessment
- 4.1 Pre Assessment
- 4.2 Determine Assessment Classes
- 4.3 Recommended steps in the initiation phase
- 5.1 The process selection steps
- 5.2 Mapping the organization’s processes to the PAM.
- 5.3 Using the scoping tool kit.
6 Planning and Briefing
- 6.1 Project Management
- 6.2 Level of Effort Analysis
- 6.3 The planning and briefing steps
7 Data Collection
- 7.1 Data Collection strategies
- 7.2 Evidentiary Requirements
- 7.3 Data Preparation
- 7.4 Systematic Data Recording
8 Data Validation
- 8.1 During Data Collection
- 8.2 Data reviews
- 8.3 Dealing with Data Deficiencies
9 Process Attribute Rating
- 9.1 Decision making process
- 9.2 Using the Rating Scales
- 9.3 Capability Level rating
10 Assessment Reporting
- 10.1 Content explained
- 10.2 Implications of Gaps or deficiencies
- 10.3 Assessment results
- 10.4 Presentation Techniques
11 Performing as Self-Assessment
- 11.1 Purpose
- 11.2 Deciding Processes to Assess
- 11.3 Determining Capability Level 1
- 11.4 Determining Capability Levels 2 to 5
- 11.5 record & Summarize Results
12 Exam Description
- 12.1 Exam Format
- 12.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
13 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 13.1 General Review
- 13.2 Sample Exam
- 13.3 Sample Exam Review
- 13.4 Course Evaluation
- 13.5 Course Certificate
- 13.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!