16 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
Being the operational equivalent of a Certified Scrum Product Owner, the Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO) is responsible for maximizing the value of a process and the work of the process improvement team.
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from the DevOps Institute
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Be able to oversee the design, reengineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes in the context of Agile Service Management.
- Use Agile and Lean principles and practices to put in place ‘just enough’ processes.
- Continually align process performance with overall business goals.
- Learn to use the tools that can assist in the definition and maintenance of Agile processes.
- Enhance process management and collaboration skills.
- Develop organizational change management capabilities.
- Get an increased focus on process improvement.
- Obtain the Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO) certification.
Who is this course for?
- Process owners
- Process managers
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving processes
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
- Managing process-related requirements
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Maximizing the value of processes
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Be familiar with SCRUM, IT and IT services. Study the Agile Service Management Guide (provided upon course registration). At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Course Introduction
- 1.1 Why Processes are Important
- 1.2 Why Agility is Important
- 1.3 Why the Process Owner Role is Important
2 Process Design Basics
- 2.1 The Elements of a Process
- 2.2 Process Owner Responsibilities
- 2.3 Process Owner Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- 2.4 Selecting a Process Owner
- 2.5 Related Roles
- 2.6 The Characteristics of an Agile Process
3 Agile Basics
- 3.1 What is Agile?
- 3.2 The Agile Manifesto
- 3.3 Why Agile Projects are Successful
4 Scrum Basics
- 4.1 Scrum Roles, Artifacts and Events
- 4.2 Scrum Pillars
- 4.3 Scrum in a Nutshell
5 Agile Service Management Basics
- 5.1 Agile Service Management Value
- 5.2 Agile Service Management Roles, Artifacts and Events
- 5.3 Characteristics of an Agile Process
- 5.4 Two Aspects of Agile Service Management
6 Agile Process Design
- 6.1 Creating and Populating a Process Backlog
- 6.2 User Story Mapping
- 6.3 Ordering and Maintaining the Process Backlog
- 6.4 Process Design Sprints
- 6.5 The Process Owner and Sprint Events
- 6.6 Process Implementation
7 Agile Process Improvement
- 7.1 Aligning Processes with Strategic Goals
- 7.2 CSI Sprints and Plan-Do--Check-Act
- 7.3 Sustaining Improvements
- 7.4 Assessing Process Maturity
- 7.5 Implementing Process Improvements
8 Measuring Value
- 8.1 Demonstrating Value
- 8.2 Leading and Lagging Performance Indicators
- 8.3 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 8.4 Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
- 8.5 Conducting Measurement Reviews
- 8.6 Communicating Performance
9 Process Improvement Tools and Technologies
10 Getting Started
11 Challenges and Critical Success Factors
12 Additional Sources of Information
13 Exam Preparation
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!