16 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The DevOps Foundation course from the DevOps Institute is designed for individuals and teams that desire to learn the organizational and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation, in order to improve the flow of work between software development teams and IT operations professionals.
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from the DevOps Institute
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Understand DevOps principles and practices and adopt the DevOps vocabulary.
- Be equipped with the skills to become a change champion and inspire other people to adopt a collaboration culture.
- Understand the benefits of DevOps for the business.
- Learn the success metrics for DevOps.
- Be able to integrate DevOps with other Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM) practices.
- Improve the flow of communication with other areas in the organization.
- Be able to define automation practices that improve the flow of process activities.
- Learn the challenges, risks and critical success factors for a DevOps adoption.
- Obtain the DevOps Foundation certification.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals involved in software development, IT operations and/or IT service management.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles.
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps.
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Complete pre-class reading assignments. At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 What is DevOps? Why Now?
2 The Business and IT Perspectives
3 DevOps Principles
- 3.1 The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
4 DevOps Practices
- 4.1 Continuous Integration
- 4.2 Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- 4.3 Rugged DevOps/DevSecOps
- 4.4 ChatOps
- 4.5 Kanban
5 DevOps and Other Frameworks
- 5.1 Agile
- 5.2 ITSM
- 5.3 Lean
6 DevOps Values
- 6.1 Culture
- 6.2 Automation
- 6.3 Lean
- 6.4 Measurement
- 6.5 Sharing
7 DevOps In the Enterprise
- 7.1 Roles
- 7.2 Organizational Considerations
8 Getting Started
- 8.1 Challenges Risks and Critical Success Factors
9 Exam Review
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!