20 hours – On-site or Virtual with live trainer
This course describes the key information and concepts for IT Service Management as well as their relationships with other areas of information management. This course builds the fundamental skills and knowledge that enable the student to participate in organizational teams working within Service Management. Emphasis is on the service management system (SMS) and service management processes, specifically the core concepts and basic terminology of the ISO/IEC 20000:2011 standard.
- Official accredited student material
- Review exercises
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from EXIN
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Be able to perform IT Service Management activities in compliance with an international standard.
- Have a clear idea of the structure and the contents of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
- Get a comprehensive understanding of the processes involved in successful IT Service Management.
- Learn the basic considerations for managing an IT Service Management System through the Plan, Do, Check and Act stages.
- Meet the requirements for moving to the IT Service Management Internal Auditor and / or the IT Service Management Specialist certification.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone playing a role in a service management system interested in IT service management.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 The Quality Approach to IT Service Management
- 1.1 The Concept of Quality
- 1.2 Quality Management System
- 1.3 IT Service
- 1.4 IT Service Management
- 1.5 Continual Service Improvement
- 1.6 Purpose and Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000
- 1.7 Other Industry Standards
- 1.8 Company Specific Standards
2 Management and Improvement of IT Service Management Processes
- 2.1 Process-Based Approach
- 2.2 Measurement and Control of Processes
- 2.3 Roles
- 2.4 Management System
- 2.5 Management Responsibility
- 2.6 Governance of Processes Operated by Other Parties
- 2.7 Documentation Management
- 2.8 Resource Management
- 2.9 Establishment and Improvement of Service Management
- 2.10 Planning, Design and Transition of New or Changed Services
3 The Service Delivery Processes
- 3.1 Service Level Management
- 3.2 Service Reporting
- 3.3 Service Continuity and Availability Management
- 3.4 Budgeting and Accounting for Services
- 3.5 Capacity Management
- 3.6 Information Security Management
4 The Relationship Processes
- 4.1 Business Relationship Management
- 4.2 Supplier Management
5 The Resolution Processes
- 5.1 Incident and Service Request Management
- 5.2 Problem Management
6 The Control Processes
- 6.1 Configuration Management
- 6.2 Change Management
- 6.3 Release and Deployment Management
7 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme
- 7.1 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme for Personnel
8 Exam Description
- 8.1 EXIN’s Exam Format
- 8.2 EXIN’s Exam Content
- 8.3 Tips for Answering the Exam
9 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 9.1 General Review
- 9.2 Sample Exam
- 9.3 Sample Exam Review
- 9.4 Course Evaluation
- 9.5 Course Certificate
- 9.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!