24 hours – On-site or Virtual with live trainer
The ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor course approaches the standard from the point of view of the requirements of an audit. It focuses on the audit process as defined by the ISO/IEC 19011 standard, and trains the participant to carry out audits in an organization that has implemented a service management system based on ISO/IEC 20000.
- Official accredited student material
- Review exercises
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from EXIN
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain knowledge and techniques for supplier audits and certification audits.
- Carry out internal audits of a service management system.
- Be prepared to face an external audit of the organization’s service management system.
- Describe with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle, the purpose, structure and requirements of ISO/IEC 20000 from the point of view of an auditor.
- Describe the responsibilities of an auditor and describe the importance of an audit for the maintenance and improvement of management systems.
- Become a certified ITSM internal auditor.
Who is this course for?
- Personnel of internal and external IT service providers in an ISO/IEC 20000 environment or having interest in these standards.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 60 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (39 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000 certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 The Quality Approach to IT Service Management
- 1.1 The Concept of Quality
- 1.2 Quality Management System
- 1.3 IT Service
- 1.4 IT Service Management
- 1.5 Continual Service Improvement
- 1.6 Purpose and Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000
- 1.7 Other Industry Standards
- 1.8 Company Specific Standards
2 Management and Improvement of IT Service Management Processes
- 2.1 Process-Based Approach
- 2.2 Measurement and Control of Processes
- 2.3 Roles
- 2.4 Management System
- 2.5 Management Responsibility
- 2.6 Governance of Processes Operated by Other Parties
- 2.7 Documentation Management
- 2.8 Resource Management
- 2.9 Establishment and Improvement of Service Management
- 2.10 Planning, Design and Transition of New or Changed Services
3 Service Delivery Processes
- 3.1 Service Level Management
- 3.2 Service Reporting
- 3.3 Service Continuity and Availability Management
- 3.4 Budgeting and Accounting for Services
- 3.5 Capacity Management
- 3.6 Information Security Management
4 The Relationship Processes
- 4.1 Business Relationship Management
- 4.2 Supplier Management
5 The Resolution Processes
- 5.1 Incident and Service Request Management
- 5.2 Problem Management
6 The Control Processes
- 6.1 Configuration Management
- 6.2 Change Management
- 6.3 Release and Deployment Management
7 Terms and Definitions
- 7.1 Terms and Definitions
8 Planning the audit program
- 8.1 Service Management System Audit Program
- 8.2 Roles and Responsibilities
- 8.3 Document audit procedures
9 Managing Audits
- 9.1 Initiating the audit
- 9.2 Preparing audit activities
- 9.3 Conducting the audit activities
10 Communicate & Address Audit Results
- 10.1 Preparing the audit report
- 10.2 Distributing the audit report
- 10.3 Completing the audit
- 10.4 Conducting audit follow-up
11 Improving the audit program
- 11.1 Monitor Audit Programs
- 11.2 Review and Improve the Audit Program
12 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme
- 12.1 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme for Personnel
13 Exam Description
- 13.1 EXIN’s exam format
- 13.2 EXIN’s exam content
- 13.3 Tips for answering the exam
- 13.4 Prerequisites for the course
14 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 14.1 General Review
- 14.2 Sample Exam
- 14.3 Sample Exam Review
- 14.4 Course Evaluation
- 14.5 Course Certificate
- 14.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!