40 hours – On-site or Virtual with live trainer
This course describes the design, delivery, support and improvement of IT related services to support business outcomes. It specifically describes the practical activities and competences of the Specialist-level member of an IT organization. This skill set builds on the foundation knowledge, taking the high-level information gained in the Foundation course and providing additional depth and practical context. The Specialist has a much more ‘global’ view of the standard as well as the daily activities required to maintain or achieve ISO/IEC 20000 implementation.
- Official accredited student material
- Review exercises
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from EXIN
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Work in more specialized roles in IT Service Management.
- Take responsibility of a service management system and prepare the organization for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit.
- Support the design and transition activities of services.
- Manage ongoing activities surrounding the SMS, service management processes and service delivery.
- Design and implement policies and activities that guide the organizational activities supporting service delivery.
- Monitor, measure and report on the SMS, service management processes and service performance.
- Define and support improvement activities.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone planning, implementing and managing a service management system (SMS) or service management processes.
- People in charge of monitoring and reporting on the performance and effectiveness of Service Management.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 60 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (39 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000 certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Planning the Provision of Services
- 1.1 Plan the Service Management System
- 1.2 Plan the Design and Transition of New or Changed Services
- 1.3 Plan the Service Management Processes
- 1.4 Plan Roles and Responsibilities
2 Managing the Provision of Services
- 2.1 Define and Implement Policies and Objectives
- 2.2 Manage the Service Management Processes
- 2.3 Maintain the SMS
3 Measuring, Monitoring and Reporting on the Provision of Services
- 3.1 Measure, Monitor and Report on Service Performance
- 3.2 Measure, Monitor and Report on the SMS
- 3.3 Measure, Monitor and Report on Service Management Processes
4 Improving the Provision of Services
- 4.1 Define Improvements
5 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme
- 5.1 ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme for Personnel
6 Exam Description
- 6.1 EXIN’s Exam Format
- 6.2 EXIN’s Exam Content
- 6.3 Tips for Answering the Exam
- 6.4 Prerequisites for Taking the Certification Exam
7 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 7.1 General Review
- 7.2 Sample Exam
- 7.3 Sample Exam Review
- 7.4 Course Evaluation
- 7.5 Course Certificate
- 7.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!