32 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) qualification is part of the Intermediate Lifecycle Modules, and provides detailed guidance for managing the CSI stage of the ITIL service life cycle. It introduces the principles that should drive CSI activities, as well as the challenges and risks that will be present during this stage, and the critical success factors and other considerations for carrying out continual service improvement throughout IT.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 32 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain a managerial perspective of the complete CSI stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Increase the adoption of an ITIL value creation approach to continual IT service improvement.
- Learn the whole range of principles that should drive the continual service improvement activities.
- Get a comprehensive overview of the ITIL processes contained in the CSI stage.
- Learn the organization, roles and technology-related activities required for a successful management of the CSI stage in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate Continual Service Improvement certification.
Who is this course for?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, Service test managers and ITSM trainers.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL CSI phase of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a CSI environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to continual service improvement
- 1.1 The purpose and objectives of CSI
- 1.2 The scope of CSI
- 1.3 The value to business of adopting and implementing CSI
- 1.4 The approach to CSI
- 1.5 The business questions for CSI
- 1.6 The context of CSI in the ITIL service lifecycle
- 1.7 CSI inputs and outputs by lifecycle stage
2 Continual Service Improvement Principles
- 2.1 CSI and organizational change
- 2.2 Ownership
- 2.3 CSI register
- 2.4 Service level management
- 2.5 Knowledge management
- 2.6 The Deming Cycle
- 2.7 Service measurement
- 2.8 IT Governance
- 2.9 Frameworks, models, standards and quality systems
3 Continual service improvement process
- 3.1 Purpose and objectives
- 3.2 Scope
- 3.3 Value to business
- 3.4 Policies, principles and basic concepts
- 3.5 Process activities, methods and techniques
- 3.6 Triggers, inputs, oututs and interfaces
- 3.7 Role of other processes in gathering and processing the data
- 3.8 Role of other processes in analysing the data
- 3.9 Role of other processes in presenting and using the information
- 3.10 Role of other processes in implementing improvement
4 Continual service improvement methods and techniques
- 4.1 Assessments
- 4.2 Gap analysis
- 4.3 Benchmarking
- 4.4 Service measurement
- 4.5 Metrics
- 4.6 Return on investment
- 4.7 Service reporting
- 4.8 Availability management
- 4.9 Capacity management
- 4.10 IT service continuity management
- 4.11 Problem management
- 4.12 Knowledge management
5 Organizing for continual service improvement
- 5.1 Service owner
- 5.2 Process owner
- 5.3 Process manager
- 5.4 Process practitioner
- 5.5 CSI manager
- 5.6 Seven-step improvement process roles
- 5.7 Comparing the CSI manager role with other relevant roles
- 5.8 Using RACI model in CSI
6 Technology considerations
- 6.1 IT service management suites
- 6.2 Systems and network management
- 6.3 Event management
- 6.4 Automated incident/problem resolution
- 6.5 Performance management
- 6.6 Statistical analysis tools
- 6.7 Project and portfolio management
- 6.8 Financial management for IT services
- 6.9 Business intelligence/reporting
7 Implementing continual service improvement
- 7.1 Critical considerations and where to start
- 7.2 The role of governance to CSI
- 7.3 The effect of organizational change for CSI
- 7.4 A communication strategy and plan
8 Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- 8.1 Challenges
- 8.2 Critical Success Factors
- 8.3 Risks
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!