ITIL® intermediate level course, Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC), is the
highest-hierarchy course in the ITIL® qualification scheme. Passing the
certification exam of this level certifies the candidate as ITIL® Expert.
course presents the service lifecycle in a comprehensive way and from a
managerial point of view. The candidate who takes this course will develop a
vision of IT with a focus on service and business value creation through
outcome delivery, which is possible through service management throughout the
provide the participants the skills to support an organization’s service
delivery covering the lifecycle stages. The certification shows that the
participants have learned the value of a combined service management practice.
successful completion of the certification exam, the candidate will be awarded
the ITIL® Expert title.
This course is aimed to:
- Chief information officers.
- Senior IT managers.
- IT managers.
- IT professionals.
- IT operations practitioners.
- IT development practitioners.
The participant who takes this training course and the certification exam must fulfil the following prerequisites:
- Having the ITIL® Foundation Certificate (2 credits).
- Having 15 additional credits (17 credits total) as a minimum, obtained from a balanced selection of the certifications included in the Intermediate ITIL® Lifecycle or Capability streams.
The relevant certificates must be presented as evidence for exam registration.
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is based on AXELOS’ syllabus for the ITIL® Intermediate Managing Across the Lifecycle Certificate.
- It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
- Includes a sample exam, prior to the certification exam.
- Includes an official certification exam issued by AXELOS.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 5 days.
- 10 additional hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
- Includes 10 scenario-based questions.
- Each question has 4 possible answers with values allocated as follows: the best option is worth 5 points, the second best is worth 3, the third best is worth 1, and the last option is a distractor with 0 value.
- The length 120 minutes.
- A minimum of 35 out of 50 questions or 70% is required to pass.
- It can be paper-based or web-based. When it is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
- It is a closed-book exam.
- The participants who do not pass the exam can take it again any times with an extra cost.
The course has the following topics:
- Key Concepts of the Service Lifecycle
- Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Integrating Service Management Processes across the Lifecycle
- Managing Services across the Lifecycle
- Governance, Roles, People, Competence and the Organization
- Implementing and Improving Service Management Capability
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
- Exam Description
- Review, Evaluation and Examination
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different ITSM disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- The design and implementation of IT service management processes based on industry best practices in public and/or private organizations.
- The selection, implementation and configuration of tools which support the IT processes.
- Teaching various ITSM courses in the academic and professional fields.
- Audits of IT service management systems.
The participant receives a high quality student handout.