40 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) qualification is part of the Intermediate Capability Modules, and provides detailed guidance for designing IT services that maintain the security and performance levels required by the business. It covers processes mainly from the Service Design stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 40 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Learn the whole range of best practices for the processes required to design IT services that provide the service warranty items to the business—capacity, availability, continuity and security.
- Enable a holistic approach to service design.
- Be able to work in an IT service design environment applying ITIL best practices.
- Learn the specific considerations involved in the implementation of each of the PPO processes.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities required to design and maintain services that have optimum performance.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate PPO certification.
Who is this course for?
- IT professionals.
- Business managers.
- Business process owners.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes.
- Operational staff involved in any PPO process.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 10 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
- 1.1 Purpose, Objectives and Value of Service Design
- 1.2 The Lifecycle in Context
- 1.3 Service Design Basics
- 1.4 The Interfaces of Design Coordination with Other Processes Related to PPO
2 Capacity Management
- 2.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 2.2 Scope
- 2.3 Value to Business
- 2.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 2.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 2.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 2.7 The Capacity Management Information System
- 2.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 2.9 Challenges and Risks
3 Availability Management
- 3.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 3.2 Scope
- 3.3 Value to Business
- 3.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 3.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 3.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 3.7 Information Management
- 3.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 3.9 Challenges and Risks
4 IT Service Continuity Management
- 4.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 4.2 Scope
- 4.3 Value to Business
- 4.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 4.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 4.6 Invocation of ITSCM
- 4.7 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 4.8 Information Management
- 4.9 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 4.10 Challenges and Risks
5 Information Security Management
- 5.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 5.2 Scope
- 5.3 Value to Business
- 5.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 5.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 5.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 5.7 Information Management
- 5.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 5.9 Challenges and Risks
6 Demand Management
- 6.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 6.2 Scope
- 6.3 Value to Business
- 6.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 6.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 6.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 6.7 Information Management
- 6.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 6.9 Challenges and Risks
7 Planning, Protection and Optimization Roles and Responsibilities
- 7.1 Process Manager
- 7.2 Process Practitioner
- 7.3 Capacity Management Process Manager
- 7.4 Availability Management Process Manager
- 7.5 IT Service Continuity Management Process Manager
- 7.6 Information Security Management Process Manager
- 7.7 Demand Management Roles
8 Technology and Implementation Considerations
- 8.1 The Generic Requirements for Technology to Assist Service Design
- 8.2 The Evaluation Criteria for Technology and Tooling
- 8.3 The Good Practices for Practice and Process Implementation
- 8.4 Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors
- 8.5 How to Plan and Implement Service Management Technologies
- 8.6 The Considerations for Implementing Technologies
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!