32 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Service Operation (SO) qualification is part of the Intermediate Lifecycle Modules, and provides detailed guidance for managing the Service Operation stage of the ITIL service life cycle. It introduces the principles that should drive the IT service operation activities, as well as the challenges and risks that will be present during this stage, and the critical success factors and other considerations for maintaining a stable IT service operation.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 32 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain a managerial perspective of the complete Service Operation stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Increase the adoption of an ITIL value creation approach to IT service operation.
- Learn the whole range of principles that should drive the IT service operation activities.
- Get a comprehensive overview of the ITIL processes contained in the Service Operation stage.
- Learn the organization, roles and technology-related activities required for a successful management of the Service Operation stage in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate Service Operation certification.
Who is this course for?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers.
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, co-ordination and integration of operation activities within the service lifecycle.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service operation stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Service Operation
- 1.1 Purpose and Objective of Service Operation
- 1.2 The Scope of Service Operation
- 1.3 The Context of Service Operation and the Service Lifecycle
- 1.4 The Value to the Business
- 1.5 Service Operation Fundamentals
2 Service Operation Principles
- 2.1 Achieving Balance in Service Operation
- 2.2 Providing Good Service
- 2.3 Involvement in Other Lifecycle Stages
- 2.4 Operational Health
- 2.5 Communication
- 2.6 Documentation
- 2.7 Service Operation Inputs and Outputs
3 Service Operation Processes
- 3.1 Event Management
- 3.2 Incident Management
- 3.3 Request Fulfilment
- 3.4 Problem Management
- 3.5 Access Management
4 Common Service Operation Activities
- 4.1 Monitoring and Control
- 4.2 IT Operations
- 4.3 Server and Mainframe Management and Support
- 4.4 Network Management
- 4.5 Storage and Archive
- 4.6 Database Administration
- 4.7 Directory Services Management
- 4.8 Desktop and Mobile Device Support
- 4.9 Middleware Management
- 4.10 Internet/Web Management
- 4.11 Facilities and Data Centre Management
- 4.12 Operational Activities of Processes Covered in Other Lifecycle Stages
- 4.13 Improvement of Operational Activities
5 Organizing for Service Operation
- 5.1 Functions
- 5.2 Roles
- 5.3 Service Operation Organizational Structures
6 Technology Considerations
- 6.1 Generic Requirements
- 6.2 Event Management
- 6.3 Incident Management
- 6.4 Request Fulfilment
- 6.5 Problem Management
- 6.6 Access Management
- 6.7 Service Desk
7 Implementation of Service Operation
- 7.1 Managing Change in Service Operation
- 7.2 Service Operation and Project Management
- 7.3 Assessing and Managing Risk in Service Operation
- 7.4 Operational Staff in Design and Transition
- 7.5 Planning and Implementing Service Management Technologies
8 Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- 8.1 Challenges
- 8.2 Critical Success Factors
- 8.3 Risks
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!