32 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Service Transition (ST) qualification is part of the Intermediate Lifecycle Modules, and provides detailed guidance for managing the Service Transition stage of the ITIL service life cycle. It introduces the principles that should drive the IT service transition activities, as well as the challenges and risks that will be present during this stage, and the critical success factors and other considerations for the successful transition of a new or changed IT service.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 32 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain a managerial perspective of the complete Service Transition stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Increase the adoption of an ITIL value creation approach to IT service transition.
- Learn the whole range of principles that should drive the IT service transition activities.
- Get a comprehensive overview of the ITIL processes contained in the Service Transition stage.
- Learn the organization, roles and technology-related activities required for a successful management of the Service Transition stage in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate Service Transition certification.
Who is this course for?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers.
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of transition activities.
- IT professionals working within a service transition environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Service Transition
- 1.1 Purpose and Objectives of Service Transition
- 1.2 Scope of Service Transition and its Processes
- 1.3 Value to Business from Service Transition
- 1.4 The Context of Service Transition in the ITIL Service Lifecycle
2 Service Transition Principles
- 2.1 The Key Policies and Best Practice Principles that Aid Effective Service Transition
- 2.2 Optimizing Service Transition Performance and Typical Metrics that Can be Used
- 2.3 Service Transition Inputs and Outputs by Lifecycle Stage
3 Service Transition Processes
- 3.1 Transition Planning and Support
- 3.2 Change Management
- 3.3 Service Asset and Configuration Management
- 3.4 Release and Deployment Management
- 3.5 Service Validation and Testing
- 3.6 Change Evaluation
- 3.7 Knowledge Management
4 Managing People through Service Transitions
- 4.1 Managing Communications and Commitment
- 4.2 Managing Organizational and Stakeholder Change
- 4.3 Stakeholder Management
5 Organizing for Service Transition
- 5.1 Organizational Development
- 5.2 Role of Functions in Service Transition
- 5.3 Organizational Context for Transitioning a Service
- 5.4 Service Transition Roles and Responsibilities
- 5.5 The Relationship of Service Transition to Other Lifecycle Phases
6 Technology Considerations
- 6.1 Technology Requirements for Service Transition
7 Implementing and Improving Service Transition
- 7.1 Key Activities in the Introduction of Service Transition
- 7.2 An Integrated Approach to Service Transition Processes
- 7.3 Implementing Service Transition in a Virtual Environment
8 Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- 8.1 Challenges Facing Service Transition
- 8.2 Measurement through Analysing Critical Success Factors
- 8.3 Potential Implementation Risks
- 8.4 External Factors that Affect the Approach to Service Transition
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!