24 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
ITIL is the most well-known best practice framework for IT Service Management in the world. It provides a comprehensive approach to managing IT service through processes organized in five stages of a service lifecycle, with the ultimate objective of delivering value to the customer.
- Official accredited student material
- Review exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 21 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Learn the ITIL basic concepts and the vocabulary that will help the organization manage IT services in a standard way.
- Adopt a process approach and develop a service management mindset.
- Learn the five stages of the ITIL service lifecycle: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
- Learn the purpose, objective, scope and main activities of all the processes contained in each service lifecycle stage.
- Obtain the ITIL Foundation certification.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone in the organization who requires a basic understanding of the ITIL framework.
- People who want to improve the IT service management quality within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL.
- Business managers and business process owners.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: At least 5 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Industry Best Practices
- 1.1 Best Practices in the Public Domain
- 1.2 Basic Concepts and Background of ITIL
- 1.3 Industry Standards
- 1.4 Frameworks
- 1.5 Models and Quality Systems
- 1.6 Company Standards and Frameworks
2 Service Management as a Practice
- 2.1 Service
- 2.2 Internal and External Customers
- 2.3 Internal and External Services
- 2.4 Service Management
- 2.5 IT Service Management
- 2.6 Stakeholders in Service Management
- 2.7 Processes and Functions
- 2.8 The Process Model and the Characteristics of Processes
- 2.9 Integration of Service Management Processes through Service Automation
- 2.10 Structure of the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- 2.11 Why ITIL is Successful
- 2.12 ITIL Roles
- 2.13 The RACI Model
3 Service Strategy
- 3.1 Purpose, Objectives and Scope
- 3.2 Value to Business
- 3.3 Principles and Basic Concepts
- 3.3.1 Value Creation through Services
- 3.4 Processes
- 3.4.1 Service Portfolio Management
- 3.4.2 Demand Management
- 3.4.3 Financial Management for IT Services
- 3.4.4 Business Relationship Management
4 Service Design
- 4.1 Purpose, Objectives and Scope
- 4.2 Value to Business
- 4.3 Principles and Basic Concepts
- 4.3.1 People, Processes, Products and Partners for Service Management
- 4.3.2 Five Major Aspects of Service Design
- 4.3.3 Service Design Package
- 4.4 Processes
- 4.4.1 Service Level Management (SLM)
- 4.4.2 Service Catalogue Management
- 4.4.3 Availability Management
- 4.4.4 Information Security Management (ISM)
- 4.4.5 Supplier Management
- 4.4.6 Capacity Management
- 4.4.7 IT Service Continuity Management
- 4.4.8 Design Coordination
5 Service Transition
- 5.1 Purpose, Objectives and Scope
- 5.2 Value to Business
- 5.3 Principles and Basic Concepts
- 5.3.1 Assets, Resources and Capabilities
- 5.4 Processes
- 5.4.1 Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM)
- 5.4.2 Change Management
- 5.4.3 Release and Deployment Management
- 5.4.4 Knowledge Management
- 5.4.5 Transition Planning and Support
6 Service Operation
- 6.1 Purpose, Objectives and Scope
- 6.2 Value to Business
- 6.3 Principles and Basic Concepts
- 6.3.1 The Role of Communication
- 6.4 Processes
- 6.4.1 Incident Management
- 6.4.2 Problem Management
- 6.4.3 Event Management
- 6.4.4 Request Fulfilment
- 6.4.5 Access Management
- 6.5 Functions
- 6.5.1 The Service Desk
- 6.5.2 Technical Management
- 6.5.3 Application Management
- 6.5.4 IT Operations Management
7 Continual Service Improvement
- 7.1 Purpose, Objectives and Scope
- 7.2 Value to Business
- 7.3 Principles and Basic Concepts
- 7.3.1 The Continual Service Improvement Approach
- 7.3.2 The Deming Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- 7.3.3 Measurement of Continual Service Improvement
- 7.3.4 CSI Register
- 7.4 Processes
- 7.4.1 The Seven-Step Improvement Process
8 Competence and Training
- 8.1 Competence and Skills for Service Management
- 8.2 ITIL Training
- 8.3 PeopleCert Contact Information
9 Exam Description
- 9.1 Exam Format
- 9.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
10 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 10.1 General Review
- 10.2 Mock Exam
- 10.3 Mock Exam Review
- 10.4 Course Evaluation
- 10.5 Course Certificate
- 10.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!