course will help the participant to get ready for taking the Project Management
Professional (PMP)® exam, which is provided and administered by the Project
Management Institute (PMI)®. This credential will acknowledge the candidate for
his/her competence in project teams’ management.
course is based on The Project Management Institute’s (PMI)®
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) 6th
Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017, and introduces the participant to
project management, its lifecycle, its processes, interfaces and all the
considerations that should be taken into account during a project’s life, such
as scoping, time management, cost management, quality management, human
resources management, risk management, among others.
Upon successful completion of this training course, the participant will understand the following topics:
- The overall Project Management process and the ten knowledge areas.
- The processes included in each knowledge area, together with their inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs.
- Study techniques for getting ready for the exam, and techniques for overcoming stress and emotions.
- The exam format, structure and complexity, and familiarization with it through the application of exercises and exam simulations.
This course is aimed to:
- Are interested in obtaining the Project Management Professional credential by approving the PMP® exam.
- Gather, or are in the process of gathering the requirements established by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® for obtaining the PMP® credential.
- Want to obtain advice and practice for the real exam.
In order to be
eligible for taking the PMP® Certification exam, certain professional
experience and education requirements must be met. All the experience in
project management must be gathered prior to the application process.
Project Management Experience
High school diploma/global equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree/global equivalent
Project Management Education
7,500 hours PM experience 35 hours PM education
4,500 hours PM experience 35 hours PM education
PMI, the PMI logo,
PMP, the PMP logo, PMBOK, PgMP, Project Management Journal, PM Network, and the PMI Today logo
are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI Registered
Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
- Includes PMP exam-type questions throughout the whole training course.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 5 days.
- 12 additional hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
Global Lynx does not apply the certification exam, nor carries out the participant application; we only provide guidance on the steps for a successful registration before the PMI® in order to take the exam.
The certification exam is administered directly by the PMI® and has the following characteristics:
- It includes 200 multiple choice questions (25 questions are considered pre-test questions. These do not affect the score and are used in examination as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of further examination questions.)
- The length is 240 minutes.
- It is a closed-book exam.
- A minimum of 106 out of 175 correct answers, or 61% is required to pass.
The course has the following topics:
A Learning Style Evaluation and a Knowledge Self-Assessment are completed as part of the training
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- The Project Management Process
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Review and Evaluation
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different ITSM, ISO/IEC, Risk Management and Project Management disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- Management of different kinds of projects in public and/or private organizations.
- The design and implementation of IT processes and services in public and/or private organizations.
- Teaching various Project Management, ITSM, Risk Management and Information Security courses in the academic and professional fields.
The participant receives a high quality student handout, a copy of the PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition, and an exercise book.
PMI, the PMI logo, PMP, the PMP logo, PMBOK, PgMP, Project Management Journal, PM Network, and the PMI Today logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.