Master Certified (SMC™) professionals have a practical, working knowledge of
SCRUM that equips them to implement and work in a SCRUM environment. The
purpose of the exam is to confirm the applicants have achieved sufficient
understanding of how to apply SCRUM in the projects and to tailor SCRUM in a
SMC™ professionals are facilitators who ensure that the SCRUM Team is provided
with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The SCRUM
Master guides, facilitates, and teaches SCRUM practices to everyone involved in
the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that SCRUM processes
are being followed.
- To prepare Scrum masters who can guide, ease and teach Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project, remove obstacles for the team and ensure that Scrum steps are being followed.
- To provide an understanding of the Scrum philosophy and principles.
- To provide practical knowledge of Scrum, including roles, meetings, and artifacts.
- To prepare students to be comfortable implementing Scrum in their organizations as well as managing common issues and roadblocks.
This course is aimed to:
Anyone who is interested in
working as a Scrum Master or to someone who is already a
Scrum master in his/her organization. Scrum Master
is an important role in any Scrum team and need not be a technology expert to
be effective. Moreover, although Scrum is popular in the IT industry, it can be
used effectively across different industries.
There are no
mandatory prerequisites for this training course. However, it is recommended to
have completed the free online Scrum Foundation course before applying for the
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification.
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
- Provides access to an electronic copy of the SCRUM Body of Knowledge (SBOK™).
- This course delivers 16 PDUs.
- Provides free 30-day access to the online “SCRUM Foundation Course”, which delivers 10 PDUs upon completion.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 2 days.
- 4 additional hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
- An electronic voucher valid for 6 months is provided in order for the candidate to program his/her online exam which will be supervised via webcam.
- Includes 100 multiple choice questions.
- A minimum of 57 out of 100 correct answers or 57% is required to pass.
- The length is 120 minutes.
- It is a closed-book exam.
- The participants who do not pass the exam can take it again any times with an extra cost.
The course has the following topics:
- Agile and Scrum Overview
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Project Phases
- Scaling Scrum
- Exam Description and Closure
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different ITSM, ISO/IEC, Risk Management and Project Management disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- Management of different kinds of projects in public and/or private organizations.
- The design and implementation of IT processes and services in public and/or private organizations.
- Teaching various Project Management, ITSM, Risk Management and Information Security courses in the academic and professional fields.
The participant receives a high quality student handout, a free 30-day access to the SCRUM Foundation online course, and an electronic copy of the SCRUM Body of Knowledge (SBOK™).