ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor course addresses the standard from the point of view of
the requirements of an audit. It highlights the audit activities set by the
ISO/IEC 19011 standard, and trains the participant to carry out audits in an
organization that has implemented a service management system based on ISO/IEC
student who completes the course will develop the capabilities needed to carry
out internal audits of a service management system, and will be prepared to
face an external audit of his/her organization’s service management system.
Besides, the student will be prepared to take the official exam in order to
obtain the ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor certificate.
To provide students with practical understanding of the audit cycle and with the skills and knowledge to:
- Perform audits against the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000 and conducted in accordance with ISO 19011 and contribute to the continual improvement of the management system.
- Describe with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle, the purpose, structure and requirements of ISO/IEC 20000 from the point of view of an auditor.
- Describe the responsibilities of an auditor and describe the importance of an audit for the maintenance and improvement of management systems.
This course is aimed to:
This course is aimed to:
Internal and external service providers in an ISO/IEC 20000 environment, or those who have interest in these standards, even though their organization is not certified in ISO/IEC 20000-1.
Some specific roles which can benefit from this course include:
- Auditor or assessor
- Customer representatives
- Managers / senior management
- Stakeholder representatives
- IT providers
- Project specialists
- ITSM Consultants
- Individuals who want to demonstrate ITSM competencies
- Service Quality Systems Auditors
The participant who takes this training course and the certification exam must hold the ISO/IEC 20000 Specialist certificate. Certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration.
The course has the following characteristics:
- It is structured in thematic units, with a balance between theory and practice.
- Includes a sample exam, prior to the certification exam.
- Includes an official certification exam issued by EXIN.
- A certificate of course completion is delivered.
- The length is 3 days.
- 5 additional hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
- Has a minimum requirement of 6 and a maximum of 25 participants.
The certification exam has the following characteristics:
- Contains 60 multiple choice questions based on scenarios.
- The length is 120 minutes.
- A minimum of 39 out of 60 correct answers or 65% is required to pass.
- It can be paper-based or web-based. When it is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
- It is a closed-book exam.
- The participants who do not pass the exam can take it again any times with an extra cost.
The course has the following topics:
- The Quality Approach to IT Service Management
- Management and Improvement of IT Service Management Processes
- Service Delivery Processes
- The Relationship Processes
- The Resolution Processes
- The Control Processes
- Terms and Definitions
- Planning the audit program
- Managing Audits
- Communicate & Address Audit Results
- Improving the audit program
- ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Scheme
- Exam Description
- Review, Evaluation and Examination
Advantages offered by Global Lynx
Our instructors are certified in different ITSM disciplines and have extensive experience in:
- The design and implementation of IT service management processes based on industry best practices in public and/or private organizations.
- The selection, implementation and configuration of tools which support the IT processes.
- Teaching various ITSM courses in the academic and professional fields.
- Audits of IT service management systems.
The participant receives a high quality student handout.