- 40 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from CompTIA
- Official CompTIA student material
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT. CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world. CompTIA A+ is accredited by ANSI as meeting the ISO/IEC 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements.
What will I achieve?
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals.
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting.
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking.
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware.
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices.
- Take the Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) certification exams.
Who is this course for?
- Service Desk Analysts
- Data Support Technicians
- Help Desk Staff
- Desktop Support Administrators
- Technical Support Specialists
- End User Computing Technicians
- Field Service Technicians
- Help Desk Technicians
- Associate Network Engineers
- System Support Specialists
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 90 multiple-choice
- Passing score: Core 1: 675 (on a scale of 100-900); Core 2: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Format: Online; closed-book
- Prerequisites: 9 to 12 month’s hands-on experience in the lab or field are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
Lesson 1: Installing and Configuring PC Components
- Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- PC Components
- Common Connection Interfaces
- Install Peripheral Devices
- Troubleshooting Methodology
Lesson 2: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
- Install and Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 3: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
- Install System Memory
- Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Install and Configure Removable Storage Devices
- Configure RAID
- Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Lesson 4: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
- Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Configure a Custom PC
Lesson 5: Network Infrastructure Concepts
- Wired Networks
- Network Hardware Devices
- Wireless Networks
- Internet Connection Types
- Network Configuration Concepts
- Network Ports and Services
Lesson 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Configure Network Connection Settings
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Configure SOHO Network Security
- Configure Remote Access
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Install and Configure IoT Devices
Lesson 7: Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Configure Client-Side Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Concepts
Lesson 8: Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
- Use Laptop Features
- Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Lesson 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Types
- Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Support Mobile Apps
Lesson 10: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
- Maintain Laser Printers
- Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Maintain Impact, Thermal, and 3D Printers
- Install and Configure Printers
- Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Install and Configure Imaging Devices
Next Steps: Become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional!
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!