- 40 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from CompTIA
- Official CompTIA student material
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues. It focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection. Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
What will I achieve?
- Obtain the core knowledge required for any cybersecurity role.
- Develop practical security problem-solving skills.
- Learn how to address security incidents.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices.
- Develop the capability of performing threat analysis and responding with appropriate mitigation techniques.
- Be able to participate in risk mitigation activities.
- Learn how to operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Take the Security+ certification exam.
Who is this course for?
- Systems Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Security Administrators
- Junior IT Auditors/Penetration Testers
- Security Specialists
- Security Consultants
- Security Engineers
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 90 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Format: Online; closed-book
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that candidates have CompTIA Network+ or equivalent networking experience.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
Lesson 1: Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Explain Threat Actor Types
- Compare and Contrast Social Engineering Attack Types
- Determine Malware Types
Lesson 2: Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
- Compare and Contrast Security Control and Framework Types
- Follow Incident Response Procedures
Lesson 3: Assessing Security Posture with Software Tools
- Explain Penetration Testing Concepts
- Assess Security Posture with Topology Discovery Software Tools
- Assess Security Posture with Fingerprinting and Sniffing Software Tools
- Assess Security Posture with Vulnerability Scanning Software Tools
Lesson 4: Explaining Basic Cryptography Concepts
- Compare and Contrast Basic Concepts of Cryptography
- Explain Hashing and Symmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
- Explain Asymmetric Cryptographic Algorithms
Lesson 5: Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Implement PKI Management
Lesson 6: Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
- Compare and Contrast Identity and Authentication Concepts
- Install and Configure Authentication Protocols
- Implement Multifactor Authentication
Lesson 7: Managing Access Services and Accounts
- Install and Configure Authorization and Directory Services
- Implement Access Management Controls
- Differentiate Account Management Practices
- Implement Account Auditing and Recertification
Lesson 8: Implementing a Secure Network Architecture
- Implement Secure Network Architecture Concepts
- Install and Configure a Secure Switching Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Network Access Control
- Install and Configure a Secure Routing and NAT Infrastructure
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
- Install and Configure Firewalls and Proxies
- Install and Configure Load Balancers
- Install and Configure Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Install and Configure Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Systems
- Install and Configure Logging and SIEM Systems
Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
- Install and Configure a Wireless Infrastructure
- Install and Configure Wireless Security Settings
- Explain the Importance of Physical Security Controls
Lesson 11: Deploying Secure Host, Mobile, and Embedded Systems
- Implement Secure Hardware Systems Design
- Implement Secure Host Systems Design
- Implement Secure Mobile Device Systems Design
- Implement Secure Embedded Systems Design
Lesson 12: Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Network Operations Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Access Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Administration Protocols
Lesson 13: Implementing Secure Network Applications
- Implement Secure Web Services
- Implement Secure Communications Services
- Summarize Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
- Summarize Secure Cloud Services
Lesson 14: Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Explain Risk Management Processes and Concepts
- Explain Resiliency and Automation Strategies
- Explain Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operation Concepts
- Summarize Basic Concepts of Forensics
Lesson 15: Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
- Explain the Impact of Vulnerability Types
- Summarize Secure Application Development Concepts
Lesson 16: Explaining Organizational Security Concepts
- Explain the Importance of Security Policies
- Implement Data Security and Privacy Practices
- Explain the Importance of Personnel Management
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!