- 16 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from the DevOps Institute
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a cultural transformation requires new skills, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization. The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies.
This course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
What will I achieve?
- Comprehend in detail the aspects that make DevOps successful.
- Leverage the IT organization's capabilities to achieve an effective DevOps adoption.
- Become a leader for the transformation of the organization.
- Create value stream maps to improve efficiency throughout the organization.
- Be capable of reorganizing and redesigning teams towards a DevOps structure.
- Become an active transformational change agent and lead.
- Know the wide range of tools that assist a DevOps adoption.
- Obtain the DevOps Leader Certification.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: There are no formal prerequisites for this course. At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 DevOps and Transformational Leadership
- • Current Definitions of DevOps
- • Benefits of DevOps
- • Transformational Leadership
2 Unlearning Behaviors
- • Psychological Safety and Neuroscience
- • Mindset, Mental Models and Cognitive Bias
- • Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and DevOps
3 Becoming a DevOps Organization
- • How DevOps Differs
- • DevOps Kaizen
- • Building Safety In
4 Measure to Learn
- • Avoiding Measure to Target
- • Creating a Current Value Stream Map
5 Measure to Improve
- • The Improvement Kata and Experiments
- • Creating a Future Value Stream Map
6 Target Operating Models and Organizational Design
- • Conway's Law
- • Desired Outcomes of DevOps
- • DevOps TOM Design Principles
7 Articulating and Socializing Vision
- • Organizational Change in Large Enterprises
- • Empowering People
- • Broadcasting Outside of Your Organization
8 Maintaining Energy and Momentum
- • The DevOps Business Case
- • Culture and Climate
- • A High-Trust Culture
9 Additional Sources of Information
10 Exam Preparation
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!