- 16 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- $1,280 USD
- Official Certification Exam from the DevOps Institute
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
The DevOps Foundation course from the DevOps Institute is designed for individuals and teams that desire to support organizational digital transformation through reducing costs while increasing agility, quality and customer service. The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community, including real-world case studies from high-performing organizations, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life.
What will I achieve?
- Understand DevOps principles and practices, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways.
- Be equipped with the skills to become a change champion and inspire other people to adopt a collaboration culture.
- Understand the benefits of DevOps for the business.
- Learn the success metrics for DevOps.
- Be able to integrate DevOps with other Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM) practices.
- Improve the flow of communication with other areas in the organization.
- Be able to define automation practices that improve the flow of process activities.
- Learn the challenges, risks and critical success factors for a DevOps adoption.
- Obtain the DevOps Foundation certification.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals involved in software development, IT operations and/or IT service management.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles.
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps.
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online; open-book
- Prerequisites: Complete pre-class reading assignments. At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Exploring DevOps
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
2 Core DevOps Principles
- The Three Ways
- The First Way
- The Theory of Constraints
- The Second Way
- The Third Way
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
3 Key DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
4 Business and Technology Frameworks
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Funding
5 Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational Maturity Models
- Target Operating Models
6 Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- DevOps Toolchain
7 Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
8 Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
- Evolving Change
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!