- Powered by the EVC™ Framework from Glomark-Governan
- 12 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Trainer
- Official Certification Exam (optional)
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Course completion diploma
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
The Project Value Management Professional (PVMP™) program teaches how to turn a business case into an effective "Business Value Plan" (BVP™). The BVP approach provides an effective methodology and the “how-to” skills needed to assess, measure, and manage the benefits for any initiative.
By bringing together all the relevant value creation activities across all project stakeholders, coordinating, communicating, and tracking benefits will become more streamlined and easier to manage.
The PVMP course is based on the Glomark-Governan Excellence in Value Creation (EVC™) Framework. Currently in its fourth version, the EVC framework has been continuously enhanced since 1992.
Projects where the enabling methods from the EVC Framework are applied, have a considerably higher chance of being successfully, because the project stakeholders learn how to proactively collaborate in the identification, measurement, and realization of the operational, economic, and strategic benefits from the solutions involved in the project.
PVMP complements other popular certification programs, such as the PMP, ITIL, Lean, DevOps, Scrum, and the PRINCE2 certifications. PVMP provides the specific EVC methods and “how-to” skills to identify, assess, measure, and communicate both tangible and intangible benefits from any project or solution.
PMPs that attend the PVMP training and pass the PVMP certification exam, are also eligible to receive PDU credits through our strategic partner Global Lynx.
What will I achieve?
- Know how to identify, assess, and measure the benefits of projects, initiatives, and solutions.
- Assess and manage the uncertainty of each forecasted benefit.
- Turn a business case into an actionable Business Value Plan (BVP).
- Assist stakeholders in tracking the correct SLAs and KPIs, to increase benefit realization.
- Manage and coordinate the tracking of benefits—capabilities and outcomes—throughout the phases of a project or program life cycle.
- Communicate the benefits realized at the project to executives.
Who is this course for?
- Project Managers and Program Leaders.
- PMO and ePMO Executives and Leaders.
- IT, Engineering and Product Development Managers.
- Business Relationship Managers, and Business Analysts.
- Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects.
- CIOs, CTOs, CDOs, and COOs.
- Members and leaders of DevOps, Operations, Application Development teams.
- Individuals involved in new projects, software development, operations, and services management.
- Individuals that create, or participate in the development of, Business Cases.
- Anyone directly or indirectly involved in assessing and communicating value creation, and in the realization of benefits from a project, solution, or initiative.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 120 minutes.
- Number of questions: Approximately 50 multiple-choice.
- Passing score: 65% correct answers.
- Format: electronic; open book.
- Prerequisites: Attend EVC Foundation course or reading the EVC BoK.
What are the course contents?
EVC Framework Core Model.
EVC Process for Benefits Identification.
Identification of benefactors and beneficiaries.
EVC Uncertainty Analysis method for benefits categorization.
Collaboration on benefits assessment, categorization, and realization.
Elements and steps to prepare a Business Value Plan (BVP™).
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!