16 hours – On-site or Virtual with live trainer
Companies should protect their valuable information, which starts by informing and educating their employees. This course introduces the participant to the basic terms, concepts, principles and controls of Information Security, based on the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, which is the code of practice for the most widely used information security guidance in the world.
This training program makes people in the organization aware of their role in protecting and securely managing information, and provides them with the skills to identify information security threats and correctly react to them.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exam
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from EXIN
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Learn the importance of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
- Learn the types of risks, threats and damages, and the available risk strategies and the security measures you can take.
- Get insight in the security policy and organization, inclusive code of conduct, ownership, and roles and responsibilities.
- Be able to react to and manage security incidents.
- Learn the various security measures: physical, technical and organizational.
- Be aware of the most important legislations and regulations.
Who is this course for?
- Every employee, from administrative workers to the CEO, dealing with valuable information.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Information Security
- 1.1 Information
- 1.2 Information Management
- 1.3 Reliability Aspects
- 1.4 Secure Information Systems Design
- 1.5 Operational Processes and Information
- 1.6 Information Architecture
2 Threats and Risks
- 2.1 Risk Management
- 2.2 Risk Analysis
- 2.3 Threats
- 2.4 Damage
- 2.5 Strategies
- 2.6 Guidelines for Implementing Security Measures
3 Approach and Organization
- 3.1 Security policy
- 3.2 Information Security Organization
- 3.3 Code of Conduct
- 3.4 Business Assets
- 3.5 Roles
- 3.6 Incident Management
4 Security Measures
- 4.1 Types of Security Measures
- 4.2 Risks and Security Measures
- 4.3 Information Classification
- 4.4 Physical Security Measures
- 4.5 Technical Measures
- 4.6 Organizational Security Measures
5 Legislation and Regulations
- 5.1 Compliance
- 5.2 Importance of Legislation and Regulations
- 5.3 Information Security Legislation
- 5.4 Legislative Acts
- 5.5 Information Security Regulations
- 5.6 Legislation and Regulations Measures
6 ISO/IEC 27000 standards
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 ISO/IEC 27001
- 6.3 ISO/IEC 27002
7 Qualification Scheme
- 7.1 Qualification Scheme
- 7.2 EXIN contact information
8 Exam Description
- 8.1 Exam format
- 8.2 EXIN’s exam content
- 8.3 Tips for answering the exam
9 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 9.1 General review
- 9.2 Sample exam
- 9.3 Sample exam review
- 9.4 Course evaluation
- 9.5 Course certificate
- 9.6 Certification exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!