40 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) qualification is part of the Intermediate Capability Modules, and provides detailed guidance for getting the highest value to the business/customer from IT service. It covers processes mainly from the Service Operation stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 40 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Learn the whole range of best practices for the processes required to maintain a stable IT operation throughout the organization.
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of service operation.
- Be able to work in an IT operations or service desk environment applying ITIL best practices.
- Learn the specific considerations involved in the implementation of each of the OSA processes.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities required to operate services that deliver the highest value to the business.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate OSA certification.
Who is this course for?
- Business managers.
- Business process owners.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization which has adopted and adapted ITIL.
- Operational staff involved in any OSA process.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 10 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
- 1.1 The Value to the Business of OSA Activities
- 1.2 The Context of OSA Activities within the Service Lifecycle
- 1.3 How OSA Activities Support the Service Lifecycle
- 1.4 Optimizing Service Operation Performance
2 Event Management
- 2.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 2.2 Scope
- 2.3 Value to Business
- 2.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 2.5 Designing for Event Management
- 2.6 Use of Event Rule Sets and Correlation Engines
- 2.7 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 2.8 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 2.9 Information Management
- 2.10 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 2.11 Challenges and Risks
3 Incident Management
- 3.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 3.2 Scope
- 3.3 Value to Business
- 3.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 3.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 3.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 3.7 Information Management
- 3.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 3.9 Challenges and Risks
4 Request Fulfilment
- 4.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 4.2 Scope
- 4.3 Value to Business
- 4.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 4.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 4.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 4.7 Information Management
- 4.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 4.9 Challenges and Risks
5 Problem Management
- 5.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 5.2 Scope
- 5.3 Value to Business
- 5.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 5.5 Problem Analysis Techniques and Error Detection
- 5.6 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 5.7 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 5.8 Information Management
- 5.9 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 5.10 Challenges and Risks
6 Access Management
- 6.1 Purpose and Objectives
- 6.2 Scope
- 6.3 Value to Business
- 6.4 Policies, Principles and Basic Concepts
- 6.5 Activities, Methods and Techniques
- 6.6 Triggers, Inputs, Outputs and Interfaces
- 6.7 Information Management
- 6.8 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 6.9 Challenges and Risks
7 The Service Desk
- 7.1 Role
- 7.2 Objectives
- 7.3 Different Organizational Structures
- 7.4 Different Staffing Options
- 7.5 Measuring of Performance
- 7.6 Issues and Safeguards to Consider when Outsourcing the Service Desk
8 Common OSA Functions and Roles
- 8.1 The Technical Management Function
- 8.2 The IT Operations Management Function
- 8.3 The Application Management Function
- 8.4 Roles
9 Technology and Implementation Considerations
- 9.1 The Generic Requirements for Technology to Support Process Capability
- 9.2 The Evaluation Criteria for Technology and Tools for Process Implementation
- 9.3 Project, Risk and Staffing Practices for Process Implementation
- 9.4 The Challenges, Risks and CSFs Related to Implementing Practices and Processes
- 9.5 How to Plan and Implement Service Management Technologies
10 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 10.1 ITIL Training
- 10.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
11 Exam Description
- 11.1 Exam Format
- 11.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
12 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 12.1 General Review
- 12.2 Mock Exam
- 12.3 Mock Exam Review
- 12.4 Course Evaluation
- 12.5 Course Certificate
- 12.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!