32 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Service Design (SD) qualification is part of the Intermediate Lifecycle Modules, and provides detailed guidance for managing the Service Design stage of the ITIL service life cycle. It introduces the principles that should drive the IT service design activities, as well as the challenges and risks that will be present during this stage, and the critical success factors and other considerations for a successful IT service design.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 32 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain a managerial perspective of the complete Service Design stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Increase the adoption of an ITIL value creation approach to IT service design.
- Learn the whole range of principles that should drive the IT service design activities.
- Get a comprehensive overview of the ITIL processes contained in the Service Design stage.
- Learn the organization, roles and technology-related activities required for a successful management of the Service Design stage in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate Service Design certification.
Who is this course for?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers.
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities.
- IT professionals working within a service design environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Service Design
- 1.1 Purpose, Goals and Objectives of Service Design
- 1.2 Scope of Service Design
- 1.3 Business Value
- 1.4 The Context of Service Design in the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- 1.5 Service Design Inputs and Outputs and the Use of the Service Design Package
- 1.6 The Contents and Use of Service Acceptance Criteria
2 Service Design Principles
- 2.1 Holistic Service Design, Service Composition and the Four Ps
- 2.2 The Importance of and Approach to Balanced Design
- 2.3 Service Requirements, Business Requirements and Drivers
- 2.4 Design Activities and their Constraints
- 2.5 The Five Aspects of Service Design
- 2.6 Service-Oriented Architecture Principles
- 2.7 Service Design Models
3 Service Design Processes
- 3.1 Design Coordination
- 3.2 Service Catalogue Management
- 3.3 Service Level Management
- 3.4 Availability Management
- 3.5 Capacity Management
- 3.6 IT Service Continuity Management
- 3.7 Information Security Management
- 3.8 Supplier Management
4 Service Design Technology-Related Activities
- 4.1 Activities and Techniques within Requirements Engineering
- 4.2 Activities and Techniques within Data and Information Management
- 4.3 Activities and Techniques Associated with Application Management
5 Organization for Service Design
- 5.1 Functional Roles Analysis and the Use of the RACI Matrix
- 5.2 The Functions within Service Design
- 5.3 The Roles and Responsibilities within Service Design
6 Technology Considerations
- 6.1 The Types of Tools that would Benefit Service Design
- 6.2 Requirements for Service Management Tools
7 Implementation and Improvement of Service Design
- 7.1 The Service Design Issues Relating to Business
- 7.2 The Six-Stage Implementation Approach
- 7.3 Measurements of Service Design
8 Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- 8.1 Challenges
- 8.2 Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- 8.3 Risks
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!