32 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
The ITIL Service Strategy (SS) qualification is part of the Intermediate Lifecycle Modules, and provides detailed guidance for managing the Service Strategy stage of the ITIL service life cycle. It introduces the principles that should guide the definition of an IT service strategy, as well as the challenges and risks that will be present during this stage, and the critical success factors and other considerations for a successful IT service strategy implementation.
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from AXELOS
- 32 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Obtain a managerial perspective of the complete Service Strategy stage of the ITIL service life cycle.
- Increase the adoption of an ITIL value creation approach to IT service strategy.
- Learn the whole range of principles that should guide the definition of an IT service strategy.
- Get a comprehensive overview of the ITIL processes contained in the Service Strategy stage.
- Learn the organization and roles required for a successful management of the Service Strategy stage in the ITIL service life cycle.
- Obtain the ITIL Intermediate Service Strategy certification.
Who is this course for?
- Chief information officers (CIOs), Chief technology officers (CTOs), Managers, Supervisory staff, Team leaders, Service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored (4 possible answers – one answer is worth 5 marks, one is worth 3 marks, one is worth 1 mark, and one is a distracter and is worth no marks)
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: Holding the ITIL Foundation certificate (certificate must be presented as evidence for exam registration). At least 8 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Service Strategy
- 1.1 Purpose and Objectives of Service Strategy
- 1.2 Scope of Service Strategy
- 1.3 Value to Business from Service Strategy
- 1.4 The Context of Service Strategy
2 Service Strategy Principles
- 2.1 Basic Approach to Deciding a Strategy
- 2.2 Strategy and Opposing Dynamics
- 2.3 Outperforming Competitors
- 2.4 The Four P’s of Service Strategy
- 2.5 Services
- 2.6 Value
- 2.7 Utility and Warranty
- 2.8 Assets
- 2.9 Service Providers
- 2.10 Defining Services
- 2.11 Strategies for Customer Satisfaction
- 2.12 Service Economics
- 2.13 Sourcing Strategy
- 2.14 Strategy Inputs and Outputs with the Service Lifecycle
3 Service Strategy Processes
- 3.1 Strategy Management for IT Services
- 3.2 Service Portfolio Management
- 3.3 Financial Management for IT Services
- 3.4 Demand Management
- 3.5 Business Relationship Management
- 4.1 Governance
- 4.2 Setting the Strategy for Governance
- 4.3 Evaluate, Direct, Monitor
- 4.4 Governance Framework
- 4.5 IT Governance
- 4.6 Governance Bodies
- 4.7 How Service Strategy Relates to Governance
5 Service Strategy Organization
- 5.1 Organizational Development
- 5.2 Organizational Departmentalization
- 5.3 Organizational Design
- 5.4 The Role of Service Owner and Business Relationship Manager
- 5.5 Strategy, Portfolio, Financial, and Demand Roles
6 Technology Considerations
- 6.1 Service Automation
- 6.2 Service Interfaces
7 Service Strategy Implementation
- 7.1 Implementation through the Lifecycle
- 7.2 Following a Lifecycle Approach
- 7.3 The Impact of Service Strategy on Other Lifecycle Stages
8 Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors
- 8.1 Challenges
- 8.2 Risks
- 8.3 Critical Success Factors
9 ITIL Qualification Scheme
- 9.1 ITIL Training
- 9.2 PeopleCert Contact Information
10 Exam Description
- 10.1 Exam Format
- 10.2 Tips for Answering the Exam
11 Review, Evaluation and Examination
- 11.1 General Review
- 11.2 Mock Exam
- 11.3 Mock Exam Review
- 11.4 Course Evaluation
- 11.5 Course Certificate
- 11.6 Certification Exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!